Valpak is leader in direct marketing companies in North America and Canada.
Join an innovative, technology-focused, people driven organization where you can create a roadmap for your career. Work hard, drive results and define your own professional path. Our team thrives in building lasting relationships with our customers and our success is driven by the clients we serve. You will work one on one with clients and ultimately act as their strategic marketing advisor, contributing your expertise and resources in meeting their print and digital marketing objectives.
Current Openings (Valpak of Virginia, Valpak of Maryland and Valpak of Greater Ft. Worth)
Print & Digital Advertising Media Consultant
You will be responsible for growing new business, identifying unique business objectives, and proactively taking actions to reach and exceed those goals utilizing the strategic strengths our products offer. Our product portfolio provides solutions in Print and Digital Marketing. Our print solutions include shared mail, booklets, circulars, flyers, postcards, and premium on-envelope advertising. Our Digital Solutions include Valpak.com, SEO, SEM, Social Media Management, Web Site Development, and Mobile Advertising.
- This role will primarily focus on identifying, cultivating, and closing opportunities to a variety of different types of businesses.
- Identify and work with key decision makers to understand their initiatives in developing integrated marketing solutions and matching our product portfolio to their needs.
- Create and deliver powerful and persuasive presentation to key decision makers utilizing the entire Valpak Media portfolio of products to provide integrated marketing solutions.
- Conduct face-to-face presentations, and closing opportunities to drive revenue and hit overall business revenue targets. Lead in the development of client contract negotiations through the close or renewal of business.
- Lead the development of client contract negotiations through the close or renewal of business.
- Create and manage Prospect/Client database and creates and manages Sales/Revenue. Must adhere to and exceed pricing/profitability guidelines as established by management.
- Create and participate in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Valpak in the local community in order to network and develop Valpak’s presence, e.g. promote and/or attend non-profit events, serve as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Excel at cold calling and prospecting making outside sales calls.
- Well-developed technical skills (Internet, MS Office, CRM, Mobile).
- Able to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Strong understanding of all digital media platforms.
- Must be highly organized and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment.
- Must be results oriented and have a record of success working in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline.
- History of being able to close long term contracts and maintain business relationships.
- Most importantly, we are looking for a proven track record of success in electronic advertising sales, print direct mail experience, email, and online media or technology.
- This is a rewarding full-time position. Base pay is salary plus commission on sales.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Primary responsibilities and tasks are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.